3D Solex HardCore Pro 7 Print Core (Build Core)
EXPAND YOUR MATERIALS LIBRARY WITH THE ULTIMAKER 3
The Ultimaker 3 is a reliable and user-friendly 3D printer, and with the HardCore Print Core you can now bring your designs to life with abrasive materials like NylonX or Carbon Fiber PRO Series PLA. This Print Core comes with a 0.4mm hardened nozzle installed and with 6 more in the box. Also included is a jig to support the print core and a wrench to change the nozzle. This pack is everything you need to bring abrasive filaments to your Ultimaker 3 today.
Everything you need to swap nozzles is included
A WIDE VARIETY OF NOZZLE OPTIONS
The HardCore comes pre-assembled with a 0.4mm hardened nozzle, but the kit also includes these other sizes:
- 0.50mm Stainless
No matter what you want to create with abrasive materials on your Ultimaker 3, the HardCore Print Core has the nozzle to make it happen! The 0.5mm Stainless Steel nozzle is special because filament does not stick to the nozzle, which alleviates any blobbing and unwanted artifacts left on the surface of your print.
HOW TO SWAP THE DIFFERENT NOZZLES
The number one rule when changing 3D printer nozzles is to always do so with the hotend heated. Trying to change nozzles cold will always lead to broken components and broken hearts. Changing nozzles on the HardCore Print Core is interesting as you need to have the print core removed from the machine to do the swap. Here is the procedure for correctly changing nozzles without damaging any components:
- Ensure the nozzle is clean by performing a cold pull on the print core
- Heat the Print Core to 160°C
- Shut the Ultimaker 3 down using the switch on the back
- Remove the HardCore - BE CAREFUL - the core is heated at this stage
- Mount the core in the included jig and ensure the heater block is seated in the square wrench
- Using the included nozzle wrench, remove the nozzle from the heater block - being very careful with the hot components
- Install the new nozzle and tighten it down with the nozzle wrench
- You're done! Be sure to update your slicer settings with the new nozzle size!