Ultimaker NFC Tough PLA
The Next Generation of Ultimaker's High-end Materials
Ultimaker's latest 3D printers (Ultimaker 3, Ultimaker 3 Extended, and Ultimaker S5) offer a carefully designed integration between materials, hardware and software. These printers are able to detect what type of filament is loaded by using Near Field Communication. Also, the newest version of Cura comes with specially optimized profiles that synchronize with the filament. Each profile is the result of Ultimaker's extensive testing to find the best possible settings. Simply put: you can start producing high-quality 3D prints immediately.
Ultimaker Tough PLA
Ultimaker Tough PLA is a technical PLA filament with toughness that’s comparable to ABS. Offering the same safe and easy use as regular PLA, Tough PLA is ideal for reliably printing technical models at larger sizes.
- Impact strength similar to ABS
- Higher stiffness compared with ABS
- Less brittle than regular PLA
- Gives a more matte surface finish quality than regular PLA
- Heat resistance is similar to standard PLA filaments, so printed parts should not be exposed to temperatures above 60C
- More reliable than ABS for larger prints, with no delamination or warping
- Compatible with Ultimaker support materials (PVA and Breakaway) giving full geometric freedom when designing parts
- Functional prototyping
- Manufacturing aids
The new Ultimaker NFC 2.85 mm filament is 100% compatible with Ultimaker 2+, Ultimaker 2 Extended+, Ultimaker 2 Go and the Ultimaker Original+ Kit. The previous generation of non-NFC Ultimaker filament is 100% compatible with the Ultimaker 3, Ultimaker 3 Extended, and Ultimaker S5.
The difference is that you will only get the benefit of automatic material detection when using the Ultimaker NFC 2.85 mm filament exclusively with the Ultimaker 3, Utimaker 3 Extended, or Ultimaker S5.